SUMMER READING PROGRAM WORKER 7 weeks, 35 hours per week, July 5-August 20
Prepare and deliver engaging summer programs for children, including the TD Summer Reading Club. Programs will include any mix of virtual and in-person programs.
Canada Summer Jobs Funded. Please note that applicants must be Canadian citizen, permanent resident or have refugee status in Canada; between 15 and 30 years of age who were enrolled in full time education during the previous year and who are returning to full time studies in the coming academic year.
- Assist with organizing, promoting, and facilitating virtual and in-person (if guidelines allow) Summer Reading programs and related activities for children
- Deliver programs outdoors, at the AMPL library, and at community organizations
- Plan and implement activities (within a team and individually) including stories, games, craft and literacy activities, often using technology
- Prepare kits for program attendees
- The position will also include general library duties such as shelf reading, weeding, tidying, digital media marketing.
- Demonstrate creative flair in implementing children’s activities for the summer programs
- Able to organize our two-month summer reading program, including set up, take down, cleaning, and record keeping
- Innovative and confident in running virtual programs
- Work enthusiastically and effectively with children of all ages, student volunteers and adults
- Ability to work independently or in a small group, able to be flexible and adapt to changes quickly
- A current certification for standard First Aid - Level C & CPR/ AED training an asset but not required
- The successful applicant will require Criminal Record check, including a Vulnerable Sector Check.
- Computer Applications, Comfortable with online meeting software, social media, and Microsoft Suite
Salary: $15.00 per hour Apply by: 2021-06-18 Start date: 2021-06-28
Schedule: Monday – Friday, may be occasional evening or weekend hours. Participation in outreach events and travel to locations throughout the community may be required.
Library is cleaned according to COVID-19 standards, and the library adheres to all COVID-19 guidelines.
This position will be of interest to youth in the following programs:
- Children and Youth Services, Information Technology, Marketing, Arts, Education
Please apply with a cover letter, resume, and 3 references who can attest to your character, previous work, and/or volunteer performance. Deliver to the Library at 5009 Diefenbaker Ave, Two Hills, AB or email to email@example.com